April 17, 2023

Sources of Help and Support

We would like to provide you with some additional information, websites and contact numbers for places outside of school that can assist you if you need extra help, or need to talk whilst school staff are not available.

Online Safety

With more people using online resources, social media and gaming platforms it is vital that you are aware of some of the dangers and how to keep yourself safe.

For more information about keeping yourself safe online and who to contact if you’re worried about something or someone, please visit the following websites:

Emotional Health

Need someone to talk to about how you’re feeling?

  • You can contact your GP
  • Mind have lots of useful information and advice on their website about managing your wellbeing; https://www.mind.org.uk
  • Samaritans – 116 123. This is a free telephone number and is open 24 hrs a day.
  • Childline – for children and young people under 19. Call 0800 1111 – the number won’t show up on your phone bill. They have lots of useful information on their website about looking after your wellbeing: https://www.childline.org.uk/
  • Kooth – online service chat messaging service for young people: https://www.kooth.com/
  • The Mix – They have telephone counselling/support and online chat support https://themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team. Their number is 0808 808 4994
  • Shout which is a 24hr text support service. To access them text SHOUT to 85253 https://www.giveusashout.org/

Mental Health Services


  • Mental Health Crisis Support – 0800 915 4644. You can contact this service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for mental health support. They will also put you in touch with local ongoing mental health support services.
  • Talking Therapies –  0300 330 5450 https://www.mindmattersnhs.co.uk/getting-help.
    This is the NHS therapy service for those aged 18 years and over within Surrey.
  • CAMHS – 0300 222 5755 (8am – 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am – 12pm Saturday). This is the NHS Surrey & Borders Single Point of Access mental health support service for young people under 18 years old in Surrey.


If you find yourself homeless or at risk of homelessness, it is best to contact your council particularly in emergency situations.

  • Surrey Housing Team – 01276 707100


Crime & Exploitation

  • Contact your local Social Care Team – see Social Care section below for more details

  • Contact 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger

  • Contact 101 for non-urgent police concerns

  • Crimestoppers – if you are concerned about yourself or anyone being exploited, involved in criminal activity or at risk of these you can contact Crime Stoppers and report this completely anonymously. Contact on 0800 555 111 or via their website www.crimstoppers-uk.org

  • Childline –  for children and young people under 19. Call 0800 1111 – https://www.childline.orguk/

Forced Marriage

If you are trying to stop a forced marriage or you need help leaving a marriage you’ve been forced into contact the Forced Marriage Unit (FMU) –

Telephone : 020 7008 0151
From overseas : +44
(0)20 7008 0151
Monday to Friday
9am – 5pm


  • Childline – for children and young people under 19. Call 0800 1111 – the number won’t show up on your phone bill. They have lots of useful information on their website about relationships and what to do if you are concerned about yourself or someone else. https://www.childline.org.uk

  • For information on healthy relationships and organisations you can contact for support or advice visit https://www.disrespectnobody.co.uk/

  • Thinkuknow offers advice to young people on sex and relationships https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/

  • DASH provides support to women, children and men suffering from any kind of abuse from partners, ex partners or family members. Visit their website www.thedashcharity.org.uk/ or call 01753 549865

  • Women’s Aid and Refuge provides information, advice and support to women and children who are at risk of, or experiencing domestic violence. Please visit their website www.womensaid.org.uk/  or   https://www.refuge.org.uk/ or call 0808 2000 247 (this number is 24 hours a day)

  • Men’s Advice Line provide information, advice and support to men and boys who are experiencing or have previously experienced abuse. Visit their website https://mensadviceline.org.uk/ or call 0808 801 0327

  • The Galop provides support and advice to all members of the LGBT communities, who are at risk of, or are experiencing domestic violence or abuse. Visit their website https://www.galop.org.uk/ or call 0800 999 5428

Social Care

If you are concerned about your safety or the safety of someone else, you can contact your local Children’s or Adult Social Care Team. If you or someone else is in immediate danger, call 999. You should also contact them if extra support is needed at home due to someone’s physical/mental health. You can find details of your local Social Care Services by googling this and the area you live in.


  • Children’s Social Care – 0300 470 9100 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
  • Adult Social Care – 0300 200 1005 / 0300 470 9100 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
  • Emergency Duty Team (out of hours service) for children and adults – 01483 517898
Posted in:

Our Curriculum is built by our community, for our community